As per an announcement by Krafton, the pre-registrations for PUBG Mobile are set to begin from today, May 18, 2021. The pre-registration link can go live from 12 PM. However, Battlegrounds Mobile India, the Indian version of PUBG Mobile is likely to be launched in India in June. On the other hand, the pre-registration will start only for Android phone users on May 18, 2021. Krafton is yet to make an announcement for the same for the iOS phone users.
Meanwhile, According to Battlegrounds Mobile India developer Krafton, those who pre-register can grab exclusive items and special rewards. Krafton said that the gamers will be allowed to use the exclusive items once the game becomes available for download.
Battlegrounds Mobile will be quite different from PUBG Mobile global version. Although the battle royale game was banned by the Indian government in September 2020. According to reports, the game would be free for both Android and iOS users.
Battlegrounds Mobile India shared a poster of the likely Ban Tai map location from Sanhok – one of the 4×4 maps available in-game. The map Sanhok was added to PUBG Mobile in September 2018 and is now set to be a part of Battlegrounds Mobile India.
Meanwhile, The game will also come without Chinese investor Tencent Games’ backing, which led to the PUBG ban in India. Moreover,the game’s parent company Krafton.Inc has reportedly registered the ‘battlegroundsmobileindia.in’ domain.
— BGR.in (@BGRIndia) May 18, 2021
How to play PUBG on PC/ laptop
- Download and install Steam on your device. While Steam is available for Mac users as well, you can only play PUBG on Windows laptop/ PC.
- Launch Steam and login with your ID. If you don’t have a Steam account, click on create a new account
- After the login, click on the ‘Add a game’ option from the bottom left corner of the screen
- You’ll be redirected to Steam Browser. Use its search tool to look for PUBG
- Select PlayerUnknown’s Battleground game –> Hit ‘Add to cart’ –> and pay Rs 999
- Once the game is purchased, you can play PUBG on PC
The system requirement to play PUBG on PC includes 64-bit Windows.