The government has decided to allow the Workplace Vaccination Drive at private and government workplaces. The number of active Covid-19 cases in India stands at 9,10,319, while 1,18,51,393 people have recovered so far. India reports 1,26,789 new Covid-19 cases, 59,258 discharges, and 685 deaths in the last 24 hours, as per the Union health ministry.
The Centre has asked states and Union Territories to make adequate preparations and issued guidelines in this regard.
New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern temporarily suspends entry for all travelers from India. Meanwhile, PM Modi takes 2nd dose of the Covid vaccine at AIIMS, Delhi.
On the other hand, Now, the workplaces will soon be able to start vaccination drives at workplaces.
“In order to increase the access of vaccine to these populations, Covid-19 vaccination sessions may be organised at workplaces (both public and private) which are having about 100 eligible and willing beneficiaries by tagging these workplaces with an existing COVID vaccination centre,” Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said in the letter.
— Ministry of Health (@MoHFW_INDIA) April 7, 2021
Eligibility of Vaccination Drive:
Firstly, Only those who are aged 45 years and above are eligible to get vaccinated at the workplace. Secondly, The workplace vaccination drive is likely to start from April 11. Meanwhile, According to the notification, “no outsiders including eligible family members will be allowed for vaccination at ‘CVC (Covid Vaccination Centre) at Work Place’.”
The beneficiaries will be required to register in the Co-WIN portal prior to vaccination. Moreover, The vaccination centre in government offices will be linked to the nearest vaccination facility at a government hospital.
Registration of Work Place as CVC in Co-WIN
- Once identified, all such Work Place vaccination centres will be registered in the CoWIN portal as Government or Private COVID-19 Vaccination Centre (CVC) at Work Place.
- The name of Work Place CVC should be recorded in Co-WIN as full name and not as abbreviation to have clarity.
- DTF / UTF will ensure verification of availability of three rooms as waiting, vaccination and observation rooms at Work Place CVC (refer annexure 1). These rooms should be part of the permanent structure of the Work Place or proper and stable structure like hangars should be erected. Temporary shamiyana / tent like structure should not be used.
- Once verified, DIO will ensure registration of Work Place CVC in Co-WIN portal.
Financial Guidelines for Vaccination at Work Places:
- COVID 19 vaccination at government Work Place organized by district health authorities will be free of cost.
- COVID 19 vaccination organized by private CVC would be on payment basis and will be at same rate as of vaccination at private health facility.
- Service charge subject to a ceiling of INR 100 /- per person per dose,
- Vaccine cost INR 150/- per person per dose.
- Hence, the financial ceiling of the total amount recoverable by private health facility is INR 250/- per person per dose.
- The Private health facility that will be organizing vaccination at the private sector Work Place will deposit cost of vaccines up front in the bank account designated by the National Health Authority. The hospitals will provide proof of payments to the DIO in-charge of the concerned district. The payment gateway on the NHA portal will be used by the private CVC for this purpose.