Covid Vaccine registration for all above 18 years will start from 28 April. The registration for the COVID-19 vaccine shot will be available on the CoWin platform and the Aarogya Setu app. Meanwhile, All citizens aged above 18 will now be eligible for vaccination starting May 1.
The govt had recently announced the beginning of phase 3 of the mass vaccination drive. India facing the deadly Covid-19 second wave surge. Firstly, MyGovIndia has tweeted that phase 3 will begin on May 1. Secondly, registrations for vaccination will begin soon through the CoWIN platform and the Aarogya Setu app.
Are you 18+?
On April 28 register for vaccination against #COVID19 on https://t.co/nvwSy5MXa5#LargestVaccineDrive Phase 3 – begins on May 1#Unite2FightCorona #LargestVaccinationDrive #IndiaFightsCorona @PMOIndia @MoHFW_INDIA pic.twitter.com/YxXswkVjSk
— Dr Harsh Vardhan (@drharshvardhan) April 22, 2021
Earlier, only citizens above the age of 45 were allowed to take the vaccine. Users need to register for the vaccine online. There is no app for the CoWIN site, and registrations can only be done through the website. Co-WIN is a platform for the citizens of India to Register for COVID-19 vaccination.
How to register for Covid-19 vaccination through the CoWIN portal:
- Log on to www.cowin.gov.in.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Get an OTP to create your account.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Verify” button.
- You will be directed to the registration of the vaccination’ page. On this page, there will be an option to choose one photo ID proof.
- Fill in your name, age, gender and upload an identity document.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Once the registration is completed; the system will show the “Account Details”.
- A citizen can further add three more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on the “Add More” button.
- There will be a button indicating ‘Schedule appointment’. Now click on it.
- Search a vaccination centre of choice by state, district, block and pin code.
- Date and availability will also be displayed.
- Click on the ‘book’ button.
- On successful completion of booking, you will receive a message. That confirmation details will have to be shown at the vaccination centre.
Meanwhile, India reported 3,14,835 fresh coronavirus infections, taking the cumulative caseload to 1,59,30,965 on Thursday (April 22), as per data by the Health Ministry.
Firstly, The country’s total COVID-19 caseload has now increased to 1.59 crore (1,59,30,965), of which, 22.91 lakh (22,91,428) are active cases. India has also witnessed 1.84 lakh (1,84,657) coronavirus-related deaths.
Secondly, The five most affected states by the total COVID-19 cases are Maharashtra (4,027,827), Kerala (1,197,301), Karnataka (1,109,650), Tamil Nadu (962,935), and Andhra Pradesh (942,135).
How to register for Covid-19 vaccination through Aarogya Setu:
- On the Aarogya Setu app homepage, go to the ‘CoWIN’ tab.
- Under the CoWIN icon, you can see four options – Vaccine Information, Vaccination, Vaccination Certificate, Vaccination Dashboard.
- Tap on the “Vaccination” tab and then select the “Register Now” option.
- Enter your mobile number and then click on “proceed to verify”.
- Enter the OTP and again select “proceed to verify”.
- Once the number verification is done, you will have to upload a photo ID card.
- Need to fill in other details such as age, gender, year of birth.
- Register a maximum of 4 beneficiaries through the Aarogya Setu app.
- You can also check for vaccination sites by state, district, block and pin code. The date and availability will be displayed. Select the “book” option.
- Once registered successfully, you will receive an SMS with the appointment details.
Likewise, PM holds a high-level meeting on oxygen supply and availability. PM spoke about the need to work rapidly on multiple aspects. PM directed the officials to ensure that oxygen supply to various states happens in a smooth manner.